Friday, October 23, 2009

自己紹介 - Self-Introduction

Hi!

As this is my first post and I'll use this blog as the required page for YSEP, I'll write a self-introduction. I guess anyone else who happens to stumble upon this blog might also appreciate knowing something of the author, so here goes.

My name is Antti Sivula and I study automation at the Helsinki University of Technology in Finland. I'm currently spending my fourth year studying at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (東京工業大学) as a part of the Young Scientist Exchange Program (the aforementioned YSEP). The reason I applied for YSEP was to learn more about the Japanese language and culture while also studying in one of the leading countries in the field of automation and robotics. This is also a great opportunity to get to know and make friends with people from all over the world.

My hobbies are mainly windsurfing and swimming, but I am also interested in arts, especially photography. Since arriving here in Japan, I've also tried surfing and I joined the judo club at the university. Both sports are really interesting and fun, so I recommend anyone who has the chance to try them out to give it a shot. So, if you're planning on going surfing or windsurfing (near Tokyo, e.g. Chiba or Shonan) and are lacking a buddy, please give me call or e-mail me, I'm definitely interested in going! I also love music and you can see a list of some of my favorite artists on the profile page. If the artists are unfamiliar, the genres that I usually listen to are jazz, progressive, metal and rock, but I try not to limit myself in terms of what types of music I listen to. I don't mind reading, either, so if you know of any interesting books, please drop me a line.

If you have any comments or questions on anything mentioned above or not mentioned above, please feel free to write a comment or an e-mail.  遠慮しないでね。

じゃあ、また / 'Til next time!

1 comment:

SONG said...

Hi, cheap tea.I'm SONG.
Congratulation on your blog.
welcome to visit mine
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/jo771011