Monday, October 26, 2009

Graffiti

I thought I'd start posting some pics I've taken since I got here. I'll start off with street art and, in this post, graffiti. The pictures were taken in Yoyogi Kouen and Harajuku.


I was on the move with my roommate Skipper (a.k.a. Ville) and dorm-neighbors Yusuke (he doesn't want to be called by his nickname :( ) and Merman (Amir). We wanted to see the Cosplay Zoku (or Cosplay Tribe) who supposedly hang around Yoyogi Park on Sundays, but we were out of luck. Instead, we saw White People Eggs, the Tokyo Rockabilly Club (Harajuku Elvises) and some graffiti.

The first two pictures are from Yoyogi Park. They were painted on the support blocks off a bridge probably to minimize the inherent hideousness of such constructs. The third picture was taken close to Harajuku Station. The graffiti was painted into a small nook on the way to Takeshita Doori from the station.
In the next post I'll include more visuals in the form of advertisement/shop fronts. じゃあ、また…



No comments: